Information on the module "Excursion Water"
Information on the module "Excursion Water" in the B.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering:
Unfortunately, no excursions of the IWW can take place in the summer semester 2020. Therefore, we offer a "Digital Excursion" for students of the B.Sc. Business Administration and Engineering: Civil Engineering who have chosen the module "Excursion Water". This way, students can complete the module and gain a deeper insight into a specific hydraulic engineering project.
The "Digital Excursion" can take place to one of the following hydraulic engineering objectives:
- M.O.S.E. project: Flood protection of Venice
- Ship lifts of the world: Henrichenburg, Krasnoyarsk and Falkirk Wheel
- Maeslant storm surge barrier of Rotterdam
- Morphodynamics of Mont-Saint-Michel
- Waterway infrastucture in Germany
- Flood protection of the Halligen
- Port of Hamburg
- BAW Karlsruhe
- Flood protection Zurich
- Etzelwerk: pumped storage hydropower station
- Disaster management of the Technisches Hilfswerk (THW)
- Flood protection Bremen
- Water management of the Garzweiler opencast mine
- Renovation work on the Ennepetalsperre
- Flood protection of the city of Cologne
In consultation with Kryss Waldschläger, the students choose a topic and visit this hydraulic engineering project first via Google Earth - documentation via screenshots - and then research further information on the Internet. If necessary, contact can also be made with people involved or press offices. At the end, the students have to write a 10-15 page long report on their "digital excursion" and send it to Kryss Waldschläger via email.