Our congratulations to Simone LechthalerCopyright: © IWW
On May 10th 2021, Simone Lechthaler successfully completed her oral examination as part of her doctoral procedure.
Successful oral doctoral examCopyright: © IWW
We would like to congratulate our former staff member Simone Lechthaler on her successful completion of the doctoral examination on 10 May 2021. The first examiner Georg Stauch, the second examiner Holger Schüttrumpf and the chairman Frank Lehmkuhl were among the first to congratulate the new Doctor of Natural Sciences (digital). She was presented with her new doctoral hat by her former colleagues from the IWW and PGG following her examination.
Simone Lechthaler wrote her doctoral thesis entitled "Microplastics in the Environment - Development of a Sample Preparation Method with Further Application and Evaluation in Fluvial and Marine Compartments" as a cumulative thesis at the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering. The following publications are part of the thesis:
- Lechthaler, Simone; Waldschläger, Kryss; Stauch, Georg and Schüttrumpf, Holger (2020): The Way of Macroplastic through the Environment. In: Environments 7 (10), 73. DOI: 10.3390/environments7100073
- Waldschläger, Kryss; Lechthaler, Simone; Stauch, Georg and Schüttrumpf, Holger (2020): The Way of Microplastic through the Environment – Application of the Source–Pathway–Receptor Model (Review). In: Science of the Total Environment 713, 136584. DOI: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2020.136584.
- Lechthaler, Simone; Hildebrandt, Lars; Stauch, Georg and Schüttrumpf, Holger (2020): Canola Oil Extraction in Conjunction with a Plastic Free Separation Unit Optimises Microplastics Monitoring in Water and Sediment. In: Analytical Methods 12, 5128-5139. DOI: 10.1039/D0AY01574A.
- Lechthaler, Simone; Schwarzbauer, Jan; Reicherter, Klaus; Stauch, Georg and Schüttrumpf, Holger (2020): Regional Study of Microplastics in Surface Waters and Deep Sea Sediments South of the Algarve Coast. In: Regional Study in Marine Science 40, 101488. DOI: 10.1016/j.rsma.2020.101488.
- Lechthaler, Simone; Esser, Verena; Schüttrumpf, Holger and Stauch, Georg (2021): Why Analysing Microplastics in Floodplain Matters: Application in a Sedimentary Context. In: Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts 23, 117-131. DOI: 10.1039/D0EM00431F.