World Water Day 2022 in Aachen
On 22 March, the World Water Day 2022 took place at the Stadtbad Aachen. There was a diverse programme with expert lectures, artist contributions, various films and installations.
World Water Day https://www.worldwaterday.org/ has been held on 22 March since 1993 and is organised by UN-Water. In 2022, the motto of World Water Day was "Groundwater - making the invisible visible". Each UN member state is invited to contribute its own programme to World Water Day. At the Aachen event, Professor Schüttrumpf, among others, gave a technical presentation on the topic of "Lessons from the 2021 floods".
The whole event is available here: https://youtu.be/SDGwEPiPhl0
Copyright: © A. Adami, Stadtbad Aachen
- Ceremonial opening address - Lord Mayor Sibylle Keupen.
- RWTH Institute of Hydraulic Engineering and Water Resources Management | Lessons from the Flood 2021, Prof. Holger Schüttrumpf
- Artist's contribution of white heat and silver hammer | Jan Jacobs (Amsterdam)
- Eifel-Rur Water Board | Lecture: The July Flood, Dr. Martin Kaleß
- Film contribution: Waterworks | The fascinating colours of water, Anja Setzen | Frauenhofer Institute
- Thermal Water Aachen for Heat Supply | Dr. Frank Strozyk FhG IEG (Aachen)
- Artist's contribution | Strandgut, Emil Sorge
- Installation | "Nature at the Drip" - Karl von Monschau
- Engineers without Borders | Development of their Water Projects in Sierre Leone, Uganda and Cameroon, Frederic Klaas
- Citizens' Ideas Meet Water | Written Pictures "Flowing", GIK Gisela Klaßen
- Bottle graveyard instead of water pipe, Thomas Brenner
- Acknowledgement - Moderation Ina-Marie Orawiec
- Theatre K | Thoughts River in the Tub "Dumbing down" Anette Schmidt
- Credits - World Water Day 2022 at Stadtbad Aachen