Many questions in the area of hydraulic engineering can only be answered with sufficient accuracy by performing field measurements. The findings, for example, with regard to flow processes and sediment transport in a section of water, provide an essential basis for physical model experiments and numerical simulations.
The institute has numerous measuring techniques for field studies. These include:
- Satellite positioning systems (GPS)
- Grab samplers for extracting sediments (Van Veen)
- Erosion measuring devices for measuring initiation of motion (EROSIMESS)
- Acoustic devices for measuring flow velocity (ADCP, ADV)
- Flight drone for digital cartography
Copyright: © IWW