Environmental Engineering Workshop
Course descriptionCopyright: © IWW
In this course, students of all concentrations work in small groups on a practical or research topic with direct application relevance. Each year, the IWW offers various topics which include practical work in the form of numerical or physical modeling.
- Simulation and evaluation of a river renaturalization measure with HEC-RAS
- Experimental modeling of weir and dike overflow
- Descent and ascent experiments of microplastics in a simulated marine environment
- Modeling of cooling water withdrawal with Delft3D
- Morphodynamic of channels (numerical)
Students acquire the ability to work together on an application-related topic and to document their work in a joint report. They also gain a methodological insight into numerical or physical simulation in relation to hydraulic engineering issues.